Important information regarding Suffolk Downs Racing Festival
Suffolk Downs Festival of Racing
September 5th, October 3rd, October 31st
Over $500,000 in purses offered each day
- Purses – 1st 60%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%, 4th 6%, 5th 4%
- All owners with horses not finishing in the first 5 positions will receive an $800 Runner’s Reward for participating.
- All trainers will receive a $200 Bonus for each starter.
- Horses that raced at Suffolk Downs in 2014 will receive preference, provided they meet the preference conditions.
- Complimentary meals will be offered to all backstretch workers on all days during Suffolk’s Festival of Racing.
- Dormitories will be made available for overnight stays.
- Subsidized shipping will be offered from Saratoga, Belmont, Finger Lakes, Monmouth Park, Parx, Delaware, and Laurel.
- Tuesday, September 1 - Entries close
- Wednesday, September 2 at 10:30AM – Scratch time & naming of riders
- Thursday, September 3 at 8:00AM – The barn area will open
- Friday morning, September 4 – Track open for training 6:00AM - 10:00AM
- Sunday, September 6 – Horses must be off the grounds
Racing Schedule for September 5
*as a condition of entry, you agree to abide by the terms set forth in the stall application below.